The Rapid Acquisition Tool allows you to quickly generate a tabular display of predicted overpasses of specific satellites over a specific region.
To use the Rapid Acquisition Tool...
- Select the instruments you are interested in. You can select more than one mission by holding down control or shift when you click.
- Select a start and end date. You can use the calendar button or enter the dates manually.
- Select a region from the dropdown list. Alternately, you can specify a latitude/longitude pair.
- Click "Compute Acquisitions".
- After the table is generated, you may download the data by clicking the blue circular button at the top of the table.
To Upload a KML File:
- Click the Upload Button above the globe.
- Select a KML, KMZ or SHP file.
- Click the dialog "Upload" button.
- COVE will create one or more regions from the provided file.
To Draw a Region
- Zoom to the area about which you want to draw your region. The location text field below the globe may be helpful for this.
- Click on the draw button above the globe.
- Click on the globe to create the corners of you region. You can click the cancel button at any time to cancel.
- Click on the Save button after you have created the last corner.
- Enter a name for the region in the prompt.
- COVE will save your region.
You can delete saved regions from the COVE tool.
Missions and Instruments